When the Academic Serbian Asociation was founded, and what is it’s main purpose?
The Academic Serbian Association was founded on 27th October 2016, in Niš. The main purpose of the Association is teaching online Serbian language as a foreign (or heritage) language to children and adults in the diaspora. In addition to teaching Serbian language, we also engage in:
- collecting and processing scientific and academic data in order to enhance and expand academic research on the said topic;
- collaborating with universities, schools, public districts, professional associations and other national and international organizations, in order to organize conferences, consultations, seminars and other forms of education, as well as other types of workshops, manifestations, after which certificates would be handed out, respectively;
- publishing conference books, journals, magazines, as well as other publications dealing with improvement of the academic community’s position and promoting the analytical research method;
- keeping up and doing research in the field of language, culture and communication, encouraging cultural and artistic creativity, advocating for cultural and historical heritage, as well as promoting it all;
- networking the academic Serbian association both in the country and abroad, for the sake of preserving Serbian identity;
- improving the economic environment in order to prevent ‘brain drain’ and to develop the youth’s entrepreneurship abilities and volunteer activism;
- advocating for activating and connecting the youth in order to improve their global status and the possibilities to influence strategically important global decisions;
- forming responsible young citizens, who are aware of their value, rights and duties and who are willing to upgrade their education, improve their abilities, all the while selflessly helping other people, so that they could induce the development of social politics and social work in the academic community;
- popularization and improvement of scientific and contemporary educational techniques and methods.
The Association is the only accredited organization which engages in teaching Serbian language online
The Association is the only accredited organization which engages in teaching Serbian language via Skype. The teaching program enables many Serbian people who live in the diaspora and their respective (marriage) partners to learn Serbian as the heritage, or foreign language, or to simply improve their existing knowledge. Over 250 candidates went through our teaching program, out of whom many were from: the USA, Australia, New Zealand, The South African Republic, Tunisia, Dubai, Tanzania, Peru; as well as from many European countries: Great Britain, France, Austria, Germany, Greece, The Czech Republic, Norway, Spain, North Macedonia, Romania, Denmark etc.
About our clients and our Certificate for successfuly completed training of Serbian online course
In addition to the Serbian people in the diaspora, and their respective partners, our clients could also be foreigners. The classes are taught by people with a BA or MA in Philology, who went through a specialized training for teaching Serbian language as a foreign and heritage language, for which they received Certificate for successfully completed training. The certificates which the candidates receive after completing a language course are acknowledged in the whole world. Other than learning Serbian language, our candidates will have a chance to get to know Serbian history, culture and tradition.
The Academic Serbian association has signed collaboration protocols with the following:
- Faculty of Philosophy, University in Niš;
- College of Applied Technical Sciences in Niš;
- Association Sedmica from Frankfurt.